The Art of Fashion

Celia Birtwell Originals Vintage Store Online


I love this new age when the most amazing stores in the world are now opening online so that we all can play with.
I am a fashion geek. In other words, I am entranced and somewhat obsessed with the history, origin and socio-economic development of fashion and its impact on our lives. One of my favourite stories is of the relationship between designer Ossie Clark and print-lady and photographer, Celia Birtwell, as they traversed the late 60s and 70s together, making fashion.
Now their son, George, has set up an online store where you can purchase not only her new designs by Celia Birtwell but also a selection of original unique vintage pieces designed by Ossie Clark.
I am lucky enough to have an original Celia Birtwell piece — it is part maxi dress, part flamenco, so you know I am going to be spending both time and money on this site. As is great Clark/Birtwell collector, Kate Moss, I assume.
Each vintage piece will come with a certificate of authenticity as well as a copy of one of Celia’s archive sketches signed by the lady herself: www.celiabirtwell.com.
Idle Talk: