The Art of Fashion

Venice Film Festival Red Carpet Day 1: Ides of March
The new Clooney co-written, produced and starring political thriller of a film, The Ides of March, premiered yesterday on the first day of the Venice Film Festival. And the stars turned up in their droves. George Clooney himself was there of course, looking dashing with his co-stars. And on his own. Proper dashing. Just look at him. Sigh.
The film's two female leads are played by Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei. Two strong actresses with pedigree in character roles. At the afternoon photocall, Evan wore Dolce & Gabbana man-inspired tuxedo and frilled blouse. I liked it. But I loved her evening dress of Assesandra Rich white shirt dress with  gold belt detail. It's not to everyone's taste, but I really love it for its freshness and bold statement. And you can get something very similar from Christopher Strong here locally. Yum.
Marisa looked lovely in colour blocked Preen for the photo call and then changed into a chartreuse Marios Schwab draped stunner for the evening event. Seriously. She is older than I am and look at her. Beautiful.
Also at the premier last night was the evergreen Cindy Crawford in Roberto Cavalli looking no different to how she looked in the 1980s. I know cos I was there in the 80s. Unbelievable. And Diane Kruger in Elie Saab prettiness, for whom I only have one question, "where is my husband, Pacey?"
So stunning red carpet outfits aside, it should be mentioned that the cast of Ides is not just The Clooney, Evan and Marisa. It also includes powerhouse actors Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ryan Gosling and Paul Giamatti for goodness sakes. A veritable plethora of incredible talent. I am totes going to see this one. Just saying.
Idle Talk: