The Art of Fashion

US Open Tennis. Great. But What Did the Spectators Wear?
I know, I know, there are plenty of you out there who were watching the US Open for the tennis. I get it. I believe it was quite exciting. Sadly it clashed with New York Fashion Week and it was all I could do to keep a tiny eye on what was going on, to know who won and who shouted and who turned up in the stands. Of course I really have no excuse. If great grand master Anna Wintour could manage NYFW and the US Open at the same time, what can I really say? Well, I can say that Ms Wintour looked quite good. Her usual style, of course, but nice. Her new YSL bright floral dress was a real standout for me. As was her also new Oscar de la Renta Resort print dress. Which she wore with shoes I have not seen before. As opposed to her standard cream Monolos. Gosh. All quite thrilling for us devotees. We can, however, take comfort in the fact that her signature necklaces and sunnies and hair were all as expected. And breathe out.
Also in the stands looking cool and casual were Jay-Z and Beyonce. I really liked the hat and the gold chain that Bee wore. Adds some fun glamour to her casual look. Justin Timberlake rocked some green jeans with a denim shirt, flat cap and classic sunglasses. You really can't get much more stylish than this. Good work man. Loved Cameron Diaz's grey knit, got to say, and onse Charlize Theron looked elegantly beautiful in her white tee and grey scarf. Grey really does look awesome on her.
Wrapping up the fashion from the US Open this year are three young women who actually made an effort. Blake Lively wore a yellow print maxi that looks like it is a great choice for a hot day at the tennis. Camilla Belle wore a gorgeous print frock by Tucker when she attended the hospitality box at event and Brooklyn Dekker was boho chic in her her print dress and messenger satchel as she supported her husband in the first few days of the tournament. So what do we know from this? Print dresses are the bomb. Add cool accessories for flair. And if Anna Wintour can introduce colour into her wardrobe this summer, so can you. Excellent class peeps. As you were.
Idle Talk: