The Art of Fashion

Sylvie's Five Minute Morning Face

In the spirit of graciousness and the interests of transparency I though it best to properly introduce myself So, this is me, or at least how many of you may know me...

Cute huh?
But the truth is, is that without a little help in the mornings, this is actually me.

And its my job to make people who are at least one hundred times better looker (and younger) than me, look one hundred times better than that, BEFORE we’ve even lit and shuffled them around in Photoshop a little Hence you can imagine my resistance to putting goo on my own face when erm, faced with that…
But the truth is, it makes us all feel better… here’s something I did earlier (while the children were eating their breakfast)
1. Pretty (BLEAK)

2. Conceal around the dark and discoloured areas only. Nose, inner and outer corners of the eye, lower eye and top and bottom lip – blend well into a moisturized skin to get a sheer and even cover...

3. Fill in and extend your brows using a powder not more than one shade darker or two shades lighter than your actual hair colour...

4. Swirl a lively peach toned blush onto the apples of your cheeks...

5. Recess any overhang on tired eyes using a taupey or dirty colour to create the illusion of shadow – this pops out the bulbs of the eye making you look instantly fresher...

6. Curl and twirl. Mascara is your BEST friend...

7. Tap on a little berry lip colour with some gloss...

8. And smile!

With a little Photoshop and the right light… Voila!
I look like this...

Well no, I still look like pic 8 – we’ll leave the Cosmo covers to my cuz. But I’m ok with that!
Truly 5 minutes to fresher… we can all spare that, I promise you (p.s. Photobooth really does make a great mirror).
So let me know what you think? Perhaps next time we can take a look from day to night, if, of course I manage to get a day face on again before 5pm!
XXX
Idle Talk: