The Art of Fashion

SA Fashion Week: Tiaan Nagel
I am not going to say much other than this. I loved the first half of Tiaan Nagel's show at SA Fashion Week a whole lot. I liked the second half. But I loved the first half. There were some show pieces and the styling that made us feel like we were watching a professional at work. It could have been anywhere in the world. But tucked in there were some great fashion basics. Look at the images. A stunning trouser. A great pair of shorts. A blouse that I could put straight into my wardrobe. A dress fit for fashion week. This was the show that I was thankful for. Sure there were some references to other designers. I don't mind that. You see a few years ago when Tiaan referenced Lanvin's external zip, he took it and has now made it his own. The zip went somewhere, it didn't just stay in Alber-land. So references are fine. And this made me happy. My pick of the week.
Pics from @SDRPhoto as ever. Tiaan has a store at 44 Stanley in Jozi.
Idle Talk: