The Art of Fashion

Playing Prankster — LIVE


There is an unbreakable link between fashion and music. Both deriving from the same socio-economic and cultural influences. Both representing the new, the fresh, the creative, the counter- or sub-culture. And they exist in symbiosis, each feeding off the other.
I have had the pleasure to get to know many musicians over the years, both here and in the UK. And I have not met one that is not concerned with style.
One of the most talented that I know is my stylish friend Arnold Vermaak. I have shot him for this blog several times. He is one half of the band Prankster.
When I played Prankster's first album to some of my muso mates in London a few years ago, at least one of them decreed it in their top five albums of the year.
And now they have just released their second album and have decided to play live for you just the once that I know about.
Join their Facebook Group, download their tracks, and go along to check them out on the 30th. Or at least to check out their low-fi style. It is impeccable.
Idle Talk: