The Art of Fashion

Kutloano Molokomme and Oriel Barnard Also Hit High at Elle New Talent Awards 2010


Even though I was delighted with Cleo Droomer winning the Elle New Talent Search 2010, I have to say that there are two honorable mentions that must be made.
First there is the young man Kutloano Molokomme who has a way with patchwork and print, the likes of which we haven't seen in fashion for a long time. His combinations of shweshwe and check, tartan and print was inspired. And I loved the raffia shoulder styling. He anchored all the crazy with khaki and tweed, showing and understanding of the nuances of a fuller collection. I am excited to see what is next for this chap.
And then there was the groupie-loving Oriel Barnard (see board above) who charmed those among us who love a show. Feather coat in pink, button bra and leather granny pants were my personal, mad loves. I'm not sure where it is going but you can bet we will all have a jol on the way there.
Idle Talk: