The Art of Fashion

Idols Top 8: Goodbye Erin and Dene, Thanks for the Outfits
Look, you can say what you like, Dene was the best dressed person on Idols this year. Every single one of her outfits was beautifully styled and on-trend. It's just that her voice was sooo loooow. Snoooozefest. And since she is only 16, that really didn't work. So, while I am sorry to see her outfits go, I am going to get over it. My fave of all of them was her leopard print dress. Erin, who also left this week, wore my favourite outfit this week. In her final performance. Irony. I love a kimono and she rocked one on Sunday. But it wasn't enough to save her and it was her time to go. Done.
So still in the running are the girls, Kelly and Crushunda. I like Kelly, but her outfits need a bit more polish. Now that Dene has gone, maybe Kelly can get her polish. Also. A note on accessorising. Please stop over doing it. A great head piece is enough. Stop there. Or a fantastic earring. A necklace does not need to be automatically added. OK. Good.
Mark is ticking along, but even I have grown weary of his schtick. He can sing. He can particularly sing high notes. He is a pro. Cool. But no excitement for me. Not like with Dave. One of the judges referred to him as a deranged preacher man. Exactly! He preaches in song. And I give praise. Hallelujah. And his outfits have fed and nurtured this image perfectly. Awesomely played Dirk.
And what about Freddie? He too has been perfectly styled the last two weeks. The glasses work. The colour works. The accessories work with his skinny jeans. Just not the hair. I still hate the hair. I would expect to get punched in the face if I had hair like that. Not really. But, you know...
And finally Lefa. Who knew? He could actually win this thing. Probs not with Freddie and Dave in the mix, but maybe. And he looks razor sharp. I especially liked that shiny jacket and red shirt combo. It looked like bright lights big city style on an emerging star. He is dressing for the job he wants, that's for certain. And it is working. Lefa, a smooth operator and a natty dresser. Fantastic.
Idle Talk: