The Art of Fashion

Giles Deacon Reveals His Plans for Ungaro to Grazia UK

Oooh, I'm a rather big Giles Deacon fan. I like his work very much. I once owned a rather fetching skirt from his GOLD collection for New Look. And, yes, I have had quite a big crush on him for some time. About a year ago I was told by someone who knew him that he likes a woman of substance. And that he was single. She said she should set us up. Obviously the geographic distance between us may have had something to do with that never happening. Or maybe he laughed at her. Loudly.
Whatever. I still hold out hope.
Anyhoo, he was annouced earlier this year as the new designer at the helm of beleagured couture house Ungaro. After a brief and spectacularly disasterous liason with Lindsay Lohan, Ungaro's bosses decided to bring in the big guns and I am quite sure they can't believe their luck in landing Giles Deacon. Like our own Thula Sindi, he is one of those designers that everyone loves and wants the best for. He can only really succeed.
Grazia magazine conducted an excellent interview with him yesterday and got all the juicy details on what his plans are for the Ungaro collection showing in Paris in October. Do click here to read all about it.
Idle Talk: