The Art of Fashion

Dirk de Waal — Idols Stylist



This is Dirk de Waal. I am telling you about him because he is the stylist for this year's new and super-improved version of SA Idols. Now I haven't really watched much of the local version, seeing as I spent 10 of the last 12 years living abroad, however, I can say that this year's Idols is much, much better in singing quality than last year. And that the styling is vastly improved.
So to give credit where it is due, here is my birthday-mate Dirk. Talented, sweet and polite. Together with being a production whizz, Dirk has taken the sponsors clothing and made it really work for each week of the show. Work with each contestant's individual style and the theme of the week.
I thought that the rock week was particularly good. And I have noticed the men noticeably more stylish. Well played Dirk!
PS: Just one thing, however, what was that waist-cape that Aneline was wearing last night? Please help.
PPS: Dirk and really do share a birthday. Ten years apart on 13th July. Love that.
Idle Talk: