The Art of Fashion

Cat Deeley's SYTYCD Season 8 Looks: Week 2
This week was the second week of live performances from Season 8 of the US version of So You Think You Can Dance. And the Emmy-nominated presenter Cat Deeley (and my fantasy book club member, of course) looked like a ray of sunshine for the performance show in her vintage frock. She explains her inspiration, “My vintage primrose dress would be perfect for sitting and drinking rose with a handsome suitor and maybe dancing until dawn...in the South of France specifically." Shoes are Sergio Rossi and jewellery is from Links of London — a brand that Cat is the official 'face' of. And while I think that she looked absolutely gorgeous, I think that this is more of a day dress, for a wedding maybe, in the South of France. But I might just be being picky.
For the eviction show, Cat kept her length longer again, but this time knocked it out the park with her  red asymmetric Lanvin dress and Christian Louboutin shoes. Wow. Glossy. Sophisticated. Fashion-forward. This is possibly one of the best dresses I have ever seen on her. Cat's explanation was, "Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to be Diana Ross. My love for Diana has never died, so the inspiration for this look was the cover of her album Baby It's Me, but interpreted in a slightly softer way-for TV." Well she certainly got the glam-factor nailed. I think this is a winner. What do you think of Cat's looks this week?
Idle Talk: