The Art of Fashion

Cat Deeley's SYTYCD Season 8 Looks: Week 1
Here are some facts about me. My absolute favourite of all the televisual treats that I watch on the flicker box is a wee programme called So You Think You Can Dance. The US version. FACT. It is the uber favourite. The favourite of all favourites. It has changed my life. Brought me joy. And inspired me. Not necessarily to greatness. But inspired never-the-less. And it meant that I could reconnect with my fantasy fashion book club friend, Cat Deeley. Cat, who I got to know on SMTV:Live, and now who comes to visit me in my front room every weekday evening Monday to Thursday in deepest darkest Africa with season 8 of SYTYCD. And all is well with the world. FACT.
And so I will do a weekly round up for you on her outfits for the week. Watch the show, then on Fridays come on over here and let's chat about her frocks. Starting with her first Top 20 show dress. It is black chain-mail by Susana Monaco and the look was inspired by Siouxsie Sioux — specifically something that could look like it was in The Passenger music video. Brilliant. Utterly freaking brilliant. And this is why she is part of my book club. The silver shoes are from Miu Miu and the hair is all rock classic.
For the results show (phew!) Cat wore bright pink Zara. Cat says, "this is Pretty In Pink meets Legally Blonde! I explained to my Glamour Squad that I wanted to be Reese Witherspoon's best friend, complete with teeny tiny air dog!" Seriously guys, how much fun is this? The shoes are Valentino and the earrings are Accesorize. Now bend and snap!
See you all same time, same place next week.
Photos and commentary courtesy of InStyle and Twitter
Idle Talk: