The Art of Fashion

Better? Always Good? Don't Waste My Time? Blake Lively for Marie Claire UK



I guess it depends on your thoughts on Blake Lively herself. Many of you will say "Who?" Some of you will think of her as "Boobs Legsly". And most of you will think of her as Serena van der Woodsen, her character in TV hit Gossip Girl.
For some reason she seems to inspire extreme emotions in people. Like Marmite. But I come down on the positive side. I like that she doesn't use a stylist and is figuring fashion all out by herself. I like that she is smart and monogamous. I like that we really don't know much about her private life. And there is a little part of me that is jealous that Anna Wintour thinks she rocks.
Most of all, unlike some of her contemporaries and costars, she seems well brought up and unlikely to take up a music career. Splendid.
And now she is on the cover of the new Marie Claire UK. And I think that she looks jolly nice there too — and in the inside spread. Not unique, but lovely. What do you think?
Idle Talk: