The Art of Fashion

Alexa Chung in Sydney, Australia
Fantasy fashion book club member, Alexa Chung, popped off to Sydney in Australia this past week. Sadly she wasn't in Melbourne where fellow member, Dannii Minogue, is prepping for Melbourne Fashion Week, but she did get out and about in Sydney and looked rather lovely doing it.
Alexa had something of crisis when she arrived in Sydney, having done her packing for the trip on a hint of a couple of hours' sleep and back to back work ahead of that. She posted a few pics on Twitter showing a plethora of shoes, a selection of skirts and jeans, and then no tops. She obviously managed to sort out the lack of top halves and landed up looking fantastic on her engagements.
I like how she took a very simple leather skirt and white button-down, and teamed it with her red Chanel bag and red lips for a punch. That red coat that she is carrying with her dungarees (signature Alexa right there) is Prada I am sure, and I think that the clog wedges make the look much smarter and more contemporary than I have seen her wear them before — less obviously hipster. And I adore that boucle dress and the lace-up brogues in the final look. I would dress like that all the time if I were her. So, wardrobe crisis averted and a successful trip down under for Alexa. Come back tomorrow for more from my book club mate as she covers a major title for October.
Idle Talk: