The Art of Fashion

VMA Music Awards: Katy Perry's Vintage Style x 4
Katy Perry was the big winner at the VMA Music Awards last night — winning a couple of awards and presenting one too as well as introducing the performance of the night by Adele. More on Adele's style later, but how about Katy Perry's four outfit changes, eh? I love Katy. Mostly because she is married to Russell Brand, of whom I am a fan. Also because she is very talented (even if it is pop music and not my bag) and also she has a very well defined style. Now, usually I find her signature style a bit costumey for my blog. Too caricature. But for some reason I have fallen in love with her pink hair and suddenly I like everything she wears. It's like she has come home to herself with that hair. And also the 40s are moving into fashion focus and her World War 2 pin up girl look is about to take off fashion-wise.
So let's run through her outfits at the VMAs last night. She arrived in Atelier Versace geisha girl style. And Jimmy Choo heels. Cute. She presented the award in a purple Tom Ford floor sweeper. With waspie waist. She accepted her award in Dior Couture. With Giuseppe Zanotti heels and a Philip Treacy hat. Wow. And she finished the night with an armful of awards and a custom made Furne One dress called 'Breaking Records' which of course she has done. My personal favourite is the Dior craziness. It is SO Katy. How about you? Any picks or do you judgy-judge them all?
Idle Talk: