The Art of Fashion

The Future of Jimmy Choo
If you anything at all about my personal style, you will know that I believe and invest in the best shoes that money can buy, wearing as I do, Jimmy Choo shoes almost every day. I will admit that I prefer a Superga sneaker or Haviana flip flop on the weekends in the countryside (although I still have my battered old Choo pumps with me there too). I will also admit that my shoe wardrobe does contain a pair of LK Bennett pumps, two TopShop finds and some heels from Country Road. But on balance, 90% of my shoes are J-to-the-Choo. Hard earned little pockets of beauty and comfort on my feet.
And so I have a vested interest in what happens next. Earlier this week, CEO Tamara Mellon did an interview with The Telegraph's Lisa Armstrong at Harvey Nichols about this very subject. She revealed that she is setting up a Jimmy Choo Foundation to address women's issues around the globe. In addition to that, while shoes will remain the core focus of the company, they will no longer be a 'shoe company' rather branching further and further into the luxury lifestyle components of the brand, like fragrance, sunglasses and other stylish high-end goods.
I am glad that they are eventually giving back a bit, thinking of others, especially if they can use their power to enable women in tricky parts of the world. But for me, Jimmy Choo will always be my shoe shop. I don't really care about the rest. Keep giving me super-comfy shoes and I will be a happy camper.
Idle Talk: