The Art of Fashion

More Alexa Chung for Madewell (More Cuteness)
Yesterday I showed you the campaign images for Alexa Chung's second collection for Madewell, the cute, hip girl fashion brand in the US. Today I show you some look book images. I did think twice about it. I mean, I know you're not all fantasy best mates with Alexa like I am. And we can't get this range here in SA. But I loved the styling and I thought that, at the very least, we could all get some styling ideas.
Like, for example, loving the Doc Marten type shoes with the mini dress and retro briefcase. The fluffy jumper with the 50s skirt. And the classic preppy with a hipster twist vibe with the red jeans and shirt/jumper combo. With the collar out. How divine.
I am a big fan of a retro look without being so literal as buying vintage. Vintage is great, but it is a bit obvious. Executing a vintage style is much more about creating a personal style signature and it is what some of the greats do like Dita von Teese and Kate Moss. And Alexa Chung — and now you.
Again, let me encourage you to help a sista out if you are visiting or living in the States. That palm tree shirt from yesterday. Any of these from today. Excellent. As you were.
(Click on the image to make it bigger)
Idle Talk: