The Art of Fashion

Lady Gaga Does Fashion
I have never posted on Lady Gaga before on this blog. Not because I don't like her or have some kind of opinion on her music. It's pop. You know. But simply because she has never, to my mind, been about fashion. Costume, performance art, that kind of thing, certainly. Even she has said that every moment of her day is done as 'Lady Gaga'. So even her collaboration with designer Theirry Mugler has been about her Gaga-costume-ness. Until this week.
Last week I commented in the office that the head-to-toe Ferragamo houndstooth outfit was surprisingly 'normal' for her — obvs done in a Gaga way. And then she stepped out in Versace. Twice. I personally LOVE the asymmetric dress with floral print, but couldn't help myself looking for the lobster on her head or some kind of torture device in her shoes. But there was none. And then there was more Versace and then some snakeskin. But not crazy snakeskin. Yellow snakeskin, to be sure, but beautifully cut and styled into a really terrific, stylish outfit, which she wore this weekend.
Is this a sign that Lady Gaga is venturing into the fashion world? Taking a new direction? I'm not sure but I like what is happening so far. What do you guys think? Is this how you like your Gaga?
Idle Talk: