The Art of Fashion

Country Style: Kate and Pippa Middleton
I am not sure if I have explained what I am up to this week. As you know, I am on leave. You may not know that I have teamed up with my sister and bought a country cottage in the quaint village of Stanford. Now I escape to the country (and its appropriate country wardrobe) for my weekends and any breaks I can get. Like this one. As I type, I am sitting at a rustic wooden dining table with the smell of fresh wood fire in my nose and the sound of birds tweeting outside. There is nothing else. Just the internet connection and my peace of mind. And breathe out. Lovely.
It looks like that is what Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, does most of the time in her country cottage in the fields of Anglesea, Wales. When she is not popping down to the shops for the weekly groceries, she is having her sister, Pippa, down for the weekend and taking long walks on the nearby beach. I swear Kate and I share a life right now. Well, with a few minor differences. Anyhoodle, what was she wearing for her country walk? A Jeager cowl neck jumper (mine is grey), some skinny jeans (mine are boyfriend style) and a pair of wellies (mine of Hunter). Oh and a Barbour in her arms in case the wind and chill picks up. You see, twins, her and I. Pipps has got the country style thing a bit wrong. Trainers are a bit city-girl-goes-to-the-country. And the sunnies (her signature style item) are well in place. You can take the girl out of the city...
What do you think of Kate's country style? Oh, and PS, Stanford is about the most hip country village you can imagine. It is the perfect combination of country and cuppachino. You should try it sometime.
Idle Talk: