The Art of Fashion

Things I Like In Black & White: TheAshley Olsen and Dannii Minogue Edition
I already posted twice in the last couple of weeks about cool black and white trends, but yesterday I spotted two images that really took my fancy — and I hope yours too. Let us begin with Ashley (is she really dating Justin Timberlake?) Olsen. Ashley looked very different to normal on Monday, walking around her home town in a beautiful, full, 50s-style skirt and simple white shirt. She is, if course, wearing the must-have Prada Baroque sunglasses as well. Ashley is usually the 'cleaner' dresser between her and her twin sister Mary-Kate. Always looking marginally less like a bag lady. But this look is brilliant. I love it and plan on replicating it myself. Just as soon as things warm up.
Another look I was struck by was that of my fantasy book club mate, Dannii Minogue. Based over in Melbourne where it is very similar weather to here, Dannii was celebrating her son Ethan's first birthday. I saw the pics and thought, "Oi, I recognise that scarf!" (I thought it in an Aussie accent) It is in fact a bloody gorgeous scarf from The Road! (That's Country Road, of course, down at the Woolies.) I think it is a super-cool scarf and the best thing is, I can literally buy the exact same one tonight. Bonus.
PS: I am watching Australian Masterchef and have become obsessed. Now I often think in an Australian accent. I also practice it in the office with the rest of the O fashion team. Alex taught us well.
Idle Talk: