The Art of Fashion

The Day After My Birthday We Celebrate Older Ladies
So today I am feeling my age. All XX years of it.  Too much sparkle and Kylie will do that to a girl. But just look at the images of these three AWESOME women who did not go to the Kylie concert last night, but did release new photos yesterday. Starting with someone who is the same age-ish as I am, Helena Christensen. Seriously embarrassing. I so do not have a body that looks like this. And then I want to make an excuse and say it is photoshopping. But it isn't because that shot of her in a bikini was a paparazzi shot and totally unaltered. Can you believe it!?
Then take a look at supermodel Cindy Crawford. She was the girl that the teenage me wanted to look like. She was beautiful, unique, powerful — everything I thought was important. And I was right. And now, although only a few years older than I am, looking just as good as she ever did. Amazing.
And finally, considerably older than I at 57 years of age, and yet somehow significantly hotter than I will ever be, we have Christie Brinkley who opened in London last night in her role in Chicago. For me the lesson we take from this is that age does not determine beauty or style. That beauty can come in older, fuller packages and be better than anything a 19 year old model can offer. And that the 80s generation of models will always be the yard stick for incredible women. They weren't just models, they were role models. I wish we had some of those these days.
Idle Talk: