The Art of Fashion

Man Day: Joe Jonas for Mr Porter
I thought it was time for another man day. Whenever I start seeing pictures of David Beckham and George Clooney every image feed I look at, I know it is time to get it out of my system. So while there is no Becks on the blog today, there will be plenty for the girls and gays to feast their eyes on. And hopefully some fun fashion facts for the straight boys to enjoy as well.
Let's start with the new-ish online shopping site, exclusively for men, Mr Porter. It is, of course, linked to the yardstick by which all online shopping is measured, Net-a-Porter. Just the man version. And they have recently released a new campaign. Featuring Joe Jonas. Yup, that surprised me too.
Look, don't get me wrong. Joe seems to be a hot young guy with a bit of a reputation of being a player. He has scooted through Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Camille Belle and Ashley Greene as girlfriends in the past couple of years which is one hell of a resume of young, beautiful stars. And now he has settled for a bit on runway star Karlie Kloss. Who is quite a catch. So props to the chap.
But I didn't know he was into fashion, or that fashion was into him, so to speak. But he recently said, "Over the past year I've got heavily into it. Whether I'm going out for the night, or during the day, I love putting on something that pops and makes me feel comfortable." And his favourite labels to wear are Gucci, Burberry and Calvin Klein amongst others. Cool. Welcome to our world, Joe Jonas. Lookin' good.


Idle Talk: