The Art of Fashion

Duchess of Cambridge Dresses Down for Fire Ravaged Slave Lake
Just as I was thinking "good golly, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, has worn the same jeans for three days in a row, I do hope she has laundry servants on tour with her..." I noticed that practically every news source that I use has gone with the same headline. So I didn't. But I wanted to. Just so you know. I mean three days in one pair of jeans? Surely we can gift her a pair of Levi's CurveID. Ha! (yes, I do think in full royal titles, obviously and in a very posh accent almost all the time. Obviously.)
So yesterday the royal couple continued their tour of Canadia (as I like to call it. In a Canadian accent of course), they made an unannounced, low key visit to a place called Slave Lake, which has recently been devastated by a wildfire. They didn't make it an 'official' stop on the tour as they didn't want to detract from all the good work being done on the reconstruction, so slipped in without fanfare. Apparently this didn't slow down the crowds and the gift of flowers and all that. Out in full force.
So Kate wore her J Brand skinny jeans, a super-cool ruffled cream blouse and Smythe les Vestes navy blazer that began her trip from the UK. Oh, and those hideous rope-soled patent wedges that I want to burn. Seriously. Burn. Sorry. Why? She has such great taste in all ways (except the pantyhose) and yet her, and her sister, can't help but wear these unflattering shoes. Ok, rant over. Let's just forget the shoes and enjoy the more dressed-down princess that looks lovely and chic and accessible in her jeans.
And good for these two. Continuing easy-going, young royals who care about the world vibe that the whole tour has had. I like it.
Idle Talk: