The Art of Fashion

CTFW Review: Holiday-ing at Gavin Rajah's Resort
I made a mistake yesterday. In my giddy happiness about Kylie, I assumed that all the spangle in the land was used up at her concert. I was, of course, wrong. How stupid of me. With a Gavin Rajah show the very next day, clearly these two delights had split the sparkle and shine between them. After all, what is a Rajah show without bedazzlement? We were not disappointed.
And nor were the Rajah's fans. Which is not to say that this was same-old. This was, in fact, a collection that had made significant strides in a fresh direction, keeping current without losing anything of the hallmark luxury and glamour one expects with a Rajah show. But definitely less of the slash-to-the-navel flamboyance and more of the contemporary statement pieces in rich fabrics and exquisite design and finish detailing. The Rajah back-room staff (who took their bow at the end of the show along with the boss) certainly know how to cover a button, secure the spangle and drape a shoulder. And I remain in awe of their prowess.
I had my favourites, of course, as we always do. But suffice to say that this was a slick and professional presentation of stimulating resort wear that wouldn't look amiss besides Michael Kors, DvF and others should they wish to bring their resort lines to Cape Town. Hm? How about it?
Photos as ever by SDR Photos
Idle Talk: