The Art of Fashion

Africa Fashion Week 10 — Day 2 Notes

1. I got to work with Fern Mallis yesterday. She used to run fashion in America. She rocks. I rock. And now my world has been rocked. I am very privilaged.
2. Sessilee Lopez, international model, arrived yesterday. She is so very, very pretty. She walks beautifully too. And was gracious enough to stand up when I was introduced to her. Manners will get you far.
3. Front row gum chewing will get you nowhere. Yuck. Worse is designers on the runway chewing gum. Have some dignity, man!
4. Abigail Betz designs the prettiest dresses in the world. She speaks a fashion language of love. Dion Chang said it is fashion's equivalent of a chick flick. I say no, because there is no angst, no breakup, no drama. Just pretty. And love.
5. That guy who won Vivica A Fox's Stylista is here at Africa fashion week. Seriously the guy has personality for days but his style is whack. Yes, I said it.
6. LeQuan Smith showed us that beige neoprene can look elegant. That's is all I have to say about that.
7. I love Fabiani's socks. That's not a euphemism. Good music, good socks. Solid.
8. All the ramp photos are by Simon Deiner. Ta buddy.
Idle Talk: