The Art of Fashion

Duchess of Cambridge Hits up Wimbledon
Was there ever a more suitable dress for attending the tennis? I doubt it. It appears if there was, Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, would have found it. I am starting to panic. Let me know if I am wrong here. Is she maybe not taking 'suitable' a bit too far? Military chic for Armed Forces Day, frilled white dress for the tennis...isn't this, dare I say it out loud...a bit costumey?
Which is not to say that the Alice Temperley dress isn't all kinds of cute, and totally appropriate for the hottest day in the UK for five years. But when you mistake her for one of the glorious lady tennis players, maybe we have taken this all a bit too far?
I'm confused. I don't know. I am so enamoured of Princess Katie's style and she really hasn't put a foot wrong since she got married so maybe I am being a bit picky. She and the hubby even got involved in a Mexican wave at the tennis as they supported British hopeful Andy Murray. But I have put it out there now and I await your feedback. Good. Cool. I am, as ever, your slave in style. Over to you.
Idle Talk: