The Art of Fashion

Colour Blocking v. Black Magic: Which Is The Winning Style?
Oh I do love a bit of a competition! So here is the lunchtime vote for today gang. I was looking at the images from the Burberry Serpentine Summer Party held last night in Kensington Gardens in London, and my immediate response was "ooch, I am so tired of all these bright colours." And then I stopped myself, shocked. I mean I LOVE all the colour block red carpet frocks. It brings sunshine into my day! I have built my whole vision of next summer around wearing them. So why the fatigue?
And I think it is because I have seen so many super-cute all-black ensembles in the last few days. I mean, let's be honest, black is my total default style position. There really is no other great love. But I have started to explore colour and loved it. So why have I instinctively returned to the safe place?
I am not sure, so I am turning it over to you guys. Do we still want to see piles of bright colours all through our next summer? Or are we over it before it has even begun, settling back in with black? Vote now in the comments please.
Idle Talk: