The Art of Fashion

Royal Wedding Style: The Beckhams, Up Close and Personal
There is no doubt in anyone's mind that the best dressed couple at the Royal Wedding on Friday were David and Victoria Beckham. I mean, you guys know how much I love Vicky and how excited I was to see what she was wearing. And then when they came on screen, my goodness did I have trouble tearing my eyes away from the beauty that is David (in Ralph Lauren purple label) to even look at her! Luckily, when I did, it was a joy. A joy in her own label of midnight blue trapeze and heels. How impeccably played for a pregnant lass. How elegant, chic and delightful.
Can you imagine being Victoria on the morning of the big day? If I was excited, imagine how exciting it must have been for her — just an ordinary girl from the home counties attending one of the biggest British celebrations of all time. I don't think that she would have ever taken it for granted. I'll bet she pinched herself for a moment.
I'll tell you someone else who pinched herself. That friend of mine Alex. Swanning about in London town, waving at Victoria and having her wave back. And reporting it all to me live via BBM while I watched on the telly. And if that wasn't rubbing enough salt in the wound, sending me these pics she took from her wedding vantage point. Not bad for a girl from the suburbs of Sydney, via Cape Town.
Idle Talk: