The Art of Fashion

Royal Chelsea Flower Show Stylish Attendees
I was devastated to hear, not so long ago, that the South African entry for the annual Chelsea Flower Show had lost its sponsorship and would not be able to attend. While I was living in London I had managed to inveigle my way into the preview of the show for the last three years I was there and so enjoyed myself (despite the fact that it rained every year I went!) But the sun was out at this year's preview. As were the royals and celebs. And the best news of all was that the SA Gold Coin Exchange had stepped in and the South African National Biodiversity Institute’s 2011 Kirstenbosch  entry Botanical Landscapes scooped its 31st  gold medal! Yay! Congratulations to all the South Africans involved.
I thought that the two younger royals, Princess Beatrice and Sophie Wessex, totally redeemed themselves from the wedding and looked just delightful and perfectly appropriate for the occasion. It really did bring a smile to my face. Gwyneth Paltrow is definitely the chicest of the attendees (even if she was promoting the bejezus out of her book) and Dame Helen Mirren was a modern, age-appropriate treat, as ever. What do you guys think of the flora fashions?
Idle Talk: