The Art of Fashion

I Heart Hunter Wellies
I don't think that it is news to anyone that I am a bit in love with Hunter Wellington boots. I think I have told you the story of how I have a pair that I used to walk the cliffs of Devon and the fields in Oxfordshire but left them in my best friend's boot cupboard when I left to return to South Africa. My thinking was that I was unlikely to need them here, and that if I did, I would just get a new pair. Um. Except you couldn't get them here.
Until now of course. As I have told you before, they are now here in SA and available from selected stores nationwide. So of course I had to get a pair.
The overriding impetus was the fact that my sister and I have just signed an offer for a weekend cottage in the country. Stanford to be precise. Obviously since it is the most amazing village in the Overberg. And now I am going to somewhat urgently need my Wellies to traipse around the famous Wandelpad by the river. It is a clear and urgent need.
One of my favourite fashion PRs, Janna Koppel, heard my frantic call and with some kind words and amazing insight into my personal style, set me up with one of the first pairs of Hunters in South Africa. I am beside myself with joy. Wandelpad here I come!
PS: Stanford is ten minutes the other side of Hermanus, if you are wondering. It is such a cool village with mostly dirt roads and one main drag, housing some awesome spots for the necessary country flat white. And vintage stores abound. Also, the village has some of the best country restaurants in, well, the country. Awesome spot.
Idle Talk: