The Art of Fashion

Cannes 2011 Red Carpet: Day 9-10 Best Dressed
While the Cannes juggernaut has now finally come to an end, there are still some red carpet looks that deserve a shout out. In the final couple of days of the festival, there were a few gowns that caught my attention. Starting with the girly colour, I LOVED Tamara al Gabbani's joyous pink frock with green belt detail (that I happen to be wearing the same colour in my cashmere jumper today is not a bias, I promise) (or the fact that it is signature O magazine colour either. Pinky swear.) And both Karolina Kurkova and VS angel Alessandro Ambrosio look princess-magical in their fairy tale frocks. So pretty.
We have seen much in the way of little white dresses on the carpet this year. We have also seen some incredible long black gowns. But the last two days also gave us some black & white show stoppers. What I would give for Elena Anaya's striped tunic... And Zoe Saldana really does look smashing in her girly interpretation of this classic colour scheme. Yes, she is a star!
Finally it is worth tipping our hats to the best of the Valentino red gowns. I adore the almost-Arab/Asian influenced jacket dress worn by Dasha Zhukova. It has such timeless appeal for me. And the whisper-soft draping on the gown worn by Daria Strokous is romance and dreams and femininity all wrapped up in a dress. Gorgeous.
Idle Talk: