The Art of Fashion

Cannes 2011 Red Carpet: amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Benefit Best Dressed
I love those mornings when I am browsing the picture feeds and I stop and gasp. It happened twice today while I was looking at the outfits from the amfAR benefit. The first time it was when I saw that icy grey column of silk. After gasping and involuntarily clutching my throat, I realised that it was worn by none other than our own South African princess-in-waiting Charlene Wittstock. Oh. My. Goodness. Doesn't she just rock the look? Utterly exquisite.
The second time it was in a totally different way, when I saw Janet Jackson working that brilliant Haider Ackermann ensemble. I mean this is Miss Jackson does The Swinton. It is a triumph to my mind. Stunning for reasons that appeal to my darker, more twisted fashion aesthetic. I would LOVE to wear that.
This is not to take anything away from Milla Jovovich, dressed in Atelier Versace gold, for whom I did not gasp out loud. But I did think she nailed the outfit for the event. Well played. Good. Now I am off to dream of Haider Ackermann outfits.
Idle Talk: