The Art of Fashion

Leonie von Hase: From Levi's Summer 08 to London Summer 11
Back in the spring of 2008, I posted the campaign images for the summer Levi's campaign starring Leonie Charlotte von Hase — you can see the post here. Since then, this post has got some of the most consistent traffic and is up there in my all-time 'most clicked on' list. Much has changed since this campaign so I thought I would catch up with Leonie and find out what's going on with her these days.
* How has my life changed since Levi's? I think in general terms I have grown up a bit since then. I've finished studying, fallen in and out and back in with modeling and now moved to London, 
* My favourite all time item of denim? It would probably be the denim jacket that my boyfriend borrowed from his mom once to wear to a dress up. In other words, my favourite item of denim currently resides in someone else's cupboard, but I am working on changing that! Other than that, a denim style men's shirt. It's very casual chic and doesn't make doubling up on denim too much.
* This winter's definitive looks in London would definitely be 70s-style wide legged pants in a dark or really light washed denim. Also, denim skirts with buttons down the front are really cute, and boyfriend jeans with vellies!
* The weather in London has been amazing, so I'm not missing CT's sunshine, though I do miss the beach and the waves! Obviously I miss my friends and my man very much, but I am settling in fast, am inspired beyond and definitely finding the challenge of making a new life exhilarating. If anything, I wake up with the challenge of looking fab every morning — London folk are so well dressed!
* What you don't know about me? I trained as an opera singer for close to ten years, though I never wanted to pursue a career in Opera. From nine to 18 I trained almost daily, but when I left school I decided to follow my love for theatre instead. I am finding my way back to the music though, and have been playing with my Garage Band since living in London. Watch this space :)
* You can follow me on Twitter (@leonievonrabbit) or follow my blog here www.dashasenohr.blogspot.com. I am also in the process of possibly writing a weekly column for a SA men's magazine's online platform, if that happens I will let you know for more contacts!
Leonie is with Boss Models, Cape Town.
Idle Talk: