The Art of Fashion

Ladies Love Levi's Trucker Jackets Too: Joy Bryant
I posted a couple of weeks ago on a little bit of history of the Levi's Trucker jacket (or classic denim jacket to you and me). Then earlier this week I spotted the actress Joy Bryant (from one of my absolute favourite TV shows of the moment — Parenthood) looking divine. I thought to myself, "self, this is probably the cutest outfit of the week." And then I reaslied that the reason that I was loving it so much was that darn jacket. This time worn by a lady-person. With an amazing sunshine dress.
I am still searching for a replacement for the denim jacket I owned back in the '90s. And this little Levi's one is just the ticket, no? Perfect for throwing over the ditsy floral dresses that will be around all winter and well into next summer. Ideal for throwing on when wearing chinos and a button down shirt (with buttons secured all the way to the top this season). And exactly what I need for my dress-down weekend look in the country. So what am I waiting for? Time for yet another trip to the store before I head out for the long weekend. Sigh.
PS: No, I am not suggesting we all start wearing cowboy boots. But these look great on Joy. Same colour as her skin is the ticket.
Idle Talk: