The Art of Fashion

Agyness Deyn for UK Vogue May 2011 in Africa
Well, what happened to the lovely Agyness Deyn? Having been off the modeling scene for two years, during which time she launched a blog and tried her hand at acting, I am pleased to say that she is back. And back good and proper. Here in Africa. 
Appearing in the May issue of UK Vogue, Aggy stars in a spread aptly titled White Mischief , shot in our amazing Namib Desert. Next Sunday, she will be running the London Marathon as part of the "Oxglam" team, along with her best bud, designer Henry Holland, to raise money for Oxfam. I have been following all their preparations on Twitter and I have to say I am more than impressed. They have also taken a trip to Tanzania to visit one of the projects funded by the money raised by their run. "I've grown up with Oxfam shops, but actually going there makes it so real, so moving, so meaningful to be in contact with the kids and the communities." Seriously. I could cry. Beautiful model. Exquisite story. And all about Africa. You (and Henry obvs) are always welcome here!
Photographer: Tim Walker
Make-up: Sam Bryant
Location: Kolmanshoop
Idle Talk: