The Art of Fashion

Jennifer Lopez on American Idol: The Fug Girls Interpret Her Style So Far
I have come to love Jennifer Lopez on American Idol. I have no idea how it happened, but it did. Totally unexpected. The fact that she has a beauty you simply cannot deny not matter how hard you try (goodnesssounds like a song right there) and that she is kind, funny and interrupts Randy all the time to have her say makes me feel like she is not pretending, that she really is keeping it real. As they say.
But sometimes I do need to chortle just a little to myself when I see her outfits. Don't get me wrong, J-to-the-Lo knows how to dazzle on the televisual box. And she always looks ah-may-zing no matter what, because she is that beautiful. But sometimes, let's just say, her outfits are more theatre than fashion.
And yesterday I came across a post by my fave fashion commentators, The Fug Girls, who speak of her "headscarf of empathy" and this amazing comment on the weird green 'top'
"Sometimes, lovers, you need to invite other people to your party, like, Steven Tyler invited the salesgirl at Forever 21 who sold him that shirt, and I invited mi amigo, El Polterwango. He is even tinier than my Mark, but he is there. The rest, I made out of some coat Mark brought back for me after he time-traveled to the French revolution to get a drink with his friends. He said some rich man wore this, and I said, "OFF WITH HIS COLLAR," and my Mark, he said, "You don't know the half of it," and I said, "Half of it? I want to use all of it! I need an ass cape," and we laughed and laughed!"
You really should read their blog if you don't already.
Idle Talk: