The Art of Fashion

Facehunter. Yup. Soooooo. That was that then.
Yvan Rodic aka the Facehunter swept into Cape Town last week making the whole industry giddy. And then left yesterday. While he was here he toured the city, concentrating on the hipster stop-offs like Vida on Kloof Street, Old Biscuit Mill market in Woodstock and Long Street. He also had the luxury tour via the Winelands and Camps Bay. Very nice. Oh, and he 'hosted' a meet and greet, book signing and party.
I attended the meet and greet. I also read this scathing account of that party on Pretty 24-7 and can attest to the truth of it as I witnessed it while I was trying to get the sneak pic you see above. All due to the fact that dear old Yvan did not seem keen on meeting or greeting anyone other than the obvious. It was all a bit of a damp squib really.
Look, don't get me wrong. I like a small exclusive party event where I can see all my peers and take some snaps and generally catch up with the bloggers and fashion folk. That's cool. But if you are going to be the host of said party, rustle up some charisma, slap on a smile and look interested in your guests. No matter how they look. It's just good manners.
Idle Talk: