The Art of Fashion

Did You Know: Some History of Women's Jeans
I am a total sucker for trivia. Especially fashion trivia, it must be said. And I just found out that the first denim that was made for women, specifically, was back in 1935 and was a jumpsuit! Seriously. A Levi's denim jumpsuit. Super cutting edge today, let alone in 1935.
Up until 1935, the women of the day had been wearing their man's 501s and so it was decided that there had better be some jeans for the girls who rode horses and that kind of rough stuff. So they then made the first of what we now know as the 'boyfriend' jean, which was called the 701. Cool hey!
And this season, there is a new version of the boyfriend jean coming in. It happens to be my absolutely favourite style so you can imagine where I will be going for my next pair of denims. Well, you know that anyway since my religious experience of a couple of weeks ago. Hallelujah for women's denim! I am a true convert.
PS: Please note that as much as I admire the women of yesteryear in their newfangled denim, I will not be wearing them belted quite so high in the waist. Let's keep the modern styling of loose and low this season.
Idle Talk: