The Art of Fashion

O, The Oprah Magazine, March Issue

So as most of you will know, I took up the reins as fashion editor on O Mag back in December 09. My brief was to establish a clear and definitive fashion point of view for the magazine. One that is glamorous and elegant and aspirational and fun and provides some information and inspiration for the O reader.
The first of my main fashion stories was one that drew from my passion for the most luxurious of fabrics. True glamour. So we contrasted and balanced out the real life of an O woman by combining the softness of silk and the delicious robustness of leather. A really great pairing.
If you want to see the results of my first shoot you will need to buy the March issue of O Mag which will be on the shelves this week. Go and get it and let me know what you think.
This photo was one that didn't make the cut unfortunately. It includes a cute cropped leather waistcoat, studded for some urban toughness (Alexander del Largo at Cape Quarter) and a fluid silk shift by Acne (shop-label.com).
Photographer: Anthony Friend
Photographer Assistant: Steve Marais
Hair & Make-up: Algria
Model: Ann Louise (Max Models)
Idle Talk: