The Art of Fashion

Michelle Obama Talks The Weather, Smoking, Hair Dye and Facebook
She also addresses her clothing selections. Again. In an interview this week on the US Today Show, Michelle Obama said that said she wears what looks good, irrespective of label.
“I like to patronise American designers, and the vast majority of the clothes that I wear are [designed by Americans.] But there are a lot of other designers that have cute stuff, too,” Obama said. “I don't think that I’m any different from any other woman, other than the fact that people see what I wear and then they talk about it.”
If that's not a practical enough explanation, you know how else she picks out her clothes?
“It’s really just sort of, how cold is it? Do I have to stand outside, and what am I going to use to cover my arms if I’m freezing so I’m not shivering while I have to give a speech? It’s really stuff like that. And I know people are sort of thinking that it’s different, but it’s real practical stuff like that.”
She goes on to talk about the rumours around Barack dying his hair and his smoking habits. For a report on the interview you can go to The Cut.
Idle Talk: