The Art of Fashion

Junya Watanabe Creates Hybrid Fair Isle Blazers for the Universal Hipster
I am not sure that I could love anything right this moment as much as I love the prospect of a fair isle cardigan blazer. Like the evolution of the achingly hip Christmas novelty sweater that I posted on late last year, the latest incarnation was presented by the Japanese designer Janya Watanabe for Fall 2011 in Paris men's collections a couple of weeks ago.
With a reputation for fabrication innovation and repurposing, Watanabe stayed true to his promise but took us on a bit of a sentimental journey into elbow patches and hooded duffle coats. I am quite sure that the hipsters of Brooklyn are already placing their orders for this collection, but what I love so much about it is that it also works as androgynous wear — anywhere in the world. These old favourite but spicy separates are totally perfect for a girl-meets-boy look with skinny jeans and brogues this next winter.
If anyone sees any fair isle out there, let me know please. Urgently.
Idle Talk: