The Art of Fashion

Carducci Shoes: A Cinderella Story




So I promised you the tale of me and the glorious wooden wedges that graced the runway of the House of Monatic centenary celebrations. One day, just before the spectacular spectacular, I popped in to visit Mark and Francois. Francois was busy with the Carducci Women's collection when I glimpsed these strange looking wooden blocks. He explained that they were the base of a shoe, made to measure specifically for the show by a furniture maker as the shoemakers hadn't been able to get them done. They had just come in and he proceeded to start threading a pair with grosgrain ribbon to show me what they would look like. Of course, you couldn't really tell until they were on someone's feet, so I obliged and had these wondrous items strapped to my feet in no time at all. I declared them walkable and ready and so there they were.
Idle Talk: