The Art of Fashion

Bafta Red Carpet Winners Span the Ages
I watched the Baftas live last night from the comfort of my London hotel room. It was fun to be in the thick of it instead of waiting until the next day to see how it all went down. The mighty Tilda Swinton, in Haider Ackerman trouser suit wad my personal highlight as ever. I mean, it had a back-bow. Enough said.
And in general, the dresses were lovely, and totally in keeping with the spirit of the Baftas, which is more understated and sophisticated than the US versions of award shows. Lots of soft, flowing dresses basically.
But my three top picks span the ages from fifteen to fifty. Hailee Steinfeld, Julianne Moore (well how can you go wrong when squires by Mr Tom Ford himself) and Annette Benning were my picks. For different reasons, of course, but mostly just because they looked comfortable in their own skins and really, modern and lovely. Well played ladies.
Idle Talk: