The Art of Fashion

2012 BAFTA Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed
Seriously I don't know why anyone else bothers. I mean Tilda Swinton is ALWAYS just going to look more amazing than anyone else. And so it was on the red carpet of last night's 2012 BAFTA Awards held in London. The Swinton was wearing white Celine. And was extraordinary. Michelle Williams held her own in custom H&M eco-conscious range. Props to her, although it was safe. But very pretty. And Kristen Wiig totally redeemed herself from the travesty of the SAGs choker-gate in this exquisite Alberta Ferretti strapless gown of simplicty. Beautiful.
It was very apparent that there is a new red carpet trend in town, and its name is GOLD. Before I start singing Spandau Ballet, let me just say that I think it is very, very lovely. Gold gowns range from shimmers to vintage ruffles. Really, really cool. Yay, I am so glad we have a new vibe going on, I was getting a bit weary of the white. Anyway doing the new trend justice first was Jessica Chastain in Oscar de la Renta shininess. Very lovely, but I don't know how she did it in the freezing cold. Looking vintage-fabulous was Emilia Fox in some Luisa Beccaria ruffles of joy. X-Files Gillian Anderson was breathtaking in Sybil Connolly — this is a lady who has stepped up her style game in the last year. Possibly my pick for best of the best. And then there was Christina Ricci in Givenchy looking just a hair on the cooking foil side for my tastes, but beautiful and on-trend none-the-less.
So what do you think fashion gang? Who gets your vote for best of the best? Let me know.
PS: As ever, click on the pics to make them bigger for full inspection
Idle Talk: