The Art of Fashion

Vogue Gucci Party Brings Out The Fashion Week Style
French Vogue threw Gucci designer Frida Giannini a dinner soiree a couple of nights ago as part of Paris Haute Couture Week at the Hotel de la Rochefoucauld Doudeauville. And what a style statement it turned out to be. We get a bit fashion-fatigued in the first few months of each year, what with awards season red carpets, launches and fashion weeks. So it takes something striking to break the ennui and make us take notice. This party got my attention.
The first thing about this party's red carpet was that almost all the 'names' were wearing Gucci. Obvs. It didn't hurt that the SS ready to wear collection was a bit of a triumph, to my mind. I really loved it. And the look is personified by Olivia Wilde's party outfit.
The second thing that struck me was that I have never seen Jessica Alba look this good. I am not fan of the girl, but really this is a dazzler of a look.
Diane Kruger forsook (yes it is a word, I checked) Chanel and Calvin Klein for the evening, which is pretty remarkable, and she looked awesome. She didn't even need Pacey Witter on her arm to do it either. More's the pity.
And I love seeing the new gang of Monaco royals out and about. I simply cannot help but think that Charlotte Casiraghi is simply one of the most beautiful young women on the fashion scene at present.
What do you guys think of the fashion?

Idle Talk: