The Art of Fashion

Victoria Beckham Covers Vogue UK February 2011
Let me tell you what I love about this Victoria Beckham cover for UK Vogue February 11. I realize that it is fashion-soft. I accept that it is on first glance, quite dull. But if you have followed the trajectory of my fantasy book club mate VB's career, you will also know that this is about as risky a public moment that she has ever permitted.
That Victoria has allowed herself to be photographed stripped back, soft and vulnerable says more about the risks she has allowed Vogue to take with her than any high-fashion outfit.
This is after all a woman who believes in working as hard as you can to make the best of yourself. The woman who lives with arguably one of the hottest men on the planet. She has often said that David is the pretty one and she is the funny one. And I love that about her. But in the sweet gentleness of this cover I think she has never looked so pretty. Love it!
PS: Congratulations of course to David and Victoria on the news that they are expecting their fourth child this year, due mid-year. How exciting!
Idle Talk: