The Art of Fashion

Golden Globes Goes Green (and Pink) (and Gold)
It is seldom that trends are so clearly defined at awards ceremonies as they were at last night's Golden Globe Awards 2011. Bustier dresses with intricate folds and drapes in gorgeous green was the top style.
This was swiftly contended by shades of pink (or honeysuckle) although these options were cleaner and more soft in style. And finally, bringing up the colour trend rear was soft gold sequin sheaths.
As someone who is so over the strapless dress for awards ceremonies, I was delighted to see much more of a neckline variety, including the seldom included long-sleeve option (see Anne and Angie) and the fluted sleeve.
My personal favourites you ask? Well, I am going to pick Natalie Portman's Victor + Rolf preggie dress, which I just thought was fresh and feminine and unexpected. Also I am going to declare a tie between Anne Hathaway who rocked Gorigio Armani Prive and the va-va-voom Vera Wang corset style of Sofia Vergara from Modern Family — easily my most favourite actress on television right now.
What are your picks of the night?
Idle Talk: