The Art of Fashion

Gemma Arterton for G-Star, and Gucci Gone Wild?
I don't know Gemma Arterton very well. I have seen a number of interviews with her, both on TV and in print, and she comes across well — charming, witty, impossibly pretty but down to earth. And no matter what she says, that peaches and cream complexion is always going to scream 'wholesome'.
Which is why I was properly surprised when she was announced as the new face of edgier denim brand, G-Star. Don't get me wrong, I like the brand and I like the girl, but together? Not so much.
But we will see. You can read about Gemma's G-Star adventures on her blog, which is quite fun.
In the mean while, she turned up at the Gucci Vogue party in Paris this week looking all lace-up-hot with slightly wilder hair and quite hectic shoes and it made me think maybe I have got her all wrong? Maybe she isn't as good as she seems? Nah, good-girl-playing-bad, is more like it. But I don't mind. She looks good and mixing it up is what playing with fashion is all about. And she is just so impossibly pretty, isn't she?
Idle Talk: