The Art of Fashion

Did Anne Hathaway Lose A Style Bet?
I don't often point out people's style failings. I say unto each their own and I would rather focus my energy on the positive aspects of our amazing industry. However, sometimes it is a public service. Like with this inexplicable outfit seen on Anne Hathaway last week.
My only real question is, "did she lose a bet" or possibly, "is this a joke" as I simply can't wrap my head around the possibility that this was a considered sartorial choice for a woman who seldom puts a style foot wrong. Worn to the day-time launch of the animated film, Rio, in Los Angeles, I just can't find the logic in the combination of a cropped, striped brown jumper and spotted navy cropped AND frilled pair of trousers. It just does nothing but bad things to a beautiful girl. And yet I can't look away. Like a garment car crash, it is. And what is that thing around her neck?? I wept.
On a day when we are all about the red carpet, this is sending nervous shivers down my Oscars-anticipatory spine as Annie is due to host the gig. Please let her stylist (Rachel Zoe) get her in hand in good time and get the right looks onto her fine bod. We just can't handle this level of misstep at the Oscars.
Idle Talk: