The Art of Fashion

Alexa Chung For Superga Sneakers
I am obviously a Converse girl. I have loved and nurtured my Converse for years, getting them to that perfect place where they are still wearable but are essentially worn out. But there comes a time, even in a fashionista's life, when comfort has to count for something. And the day I tried on my first pair of Supergas was the day that I became a cheater on my Converse. I LOVE my gold Supergas. They are SO comfortable. And they are less obviously hipster than the Converse, which is important when you are getting on in years.
It must have been something I said at book club about it all, because next thing we hear, my mate Alexa Chung has been named as the new face of the Italian brand. How very awesome. It is the 100th anniversary of the Superga brand and Alexa has been brought in to up the preppy and give the brand a stronger presence in the UK. Good thinking Superga.
But hang on. Does this mean that Superga are now to become the hipster sneaker?? Oh, bollocks, I don't care. They are so comfortable.
Idle Talk: